Draft Minutes of Meeting 5-4-2018

DRAFT MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING HELD IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM ON THURSDAY 5TH APRIL 2018

PRESENT – MEMBERS
D Caulfield (Vice Chair),  A Pinkerton (Treasurer), E Lochhead (Secretary), J Taylor,
I Kerr, J Miller, T Howie, M Brindley, L Shuttleton, P Graham

APOLOGIES
J Young (Chair), E Ferguson, Cllr Ellen Freel, Cllr Gordon Jenkins,
Cllr John McFadzean

IN ATTENDANCE
4 members of the public, 2 police officers

WELCOME
D Caulfield (Vice Chair) welcomed everyone to the meeting.

MINUTES
Minutes of the monthly meeting held on Thursday 15th March 2018
Approved – Tom Howie, Seconded – A Pinkerton

MATTERS ARISING

POLICE REPORT
Summary of crimes and offences for period 12th to 29th March 2018.

  • Station Road- vandalism – car scored using key or similar
  • Kirkland Road – S38 – 1 apprehended
  • Field near Main Street – theft of metal gate and troughs

Discussion of vehicle accident at corner near railway bridge and the reporting and recording of such incidents.
Query as to validity of new 30mph signs.
Concerns raised over inconsiderate parking and near miss incident near train station.
Car keying incidents reported.
Pavement parking discussed. ACTION – D Caulfield to contact Councillor Jenkins

CORRESPONDENCE

  • Notification of major planning application for proposed new garden centre at Magbiehill Park North of Cocklebie Farm. ACTION – E Lochhead to arrange public meeting and advertise date
  • From EAC – Notification from Dept of Culture, Media and Sport for Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme
  • From EAC – Celebrate Community Council promotion on Twitter during April
  • From EAC – Flyer for Open Day at Central Mosque, Kilmarnock on Sat 21st April from 12 noon to 5pm. Posted on DLCC website and social media
  • From EAC – Public notice – Warning of Sky bogus telephone call. Posted on DLCC website and social media
  • Closure of James Hamilton Academy. Used furniture available for community groups – Social media updated
  • Community Planning Partnership Board. Further details can be found on the Community Planning website,
    http://www.eastayrshirecommunityplan.org/Blog.aspx
  • Revised criteria for Community Grant funding – passed to A Pinkerton
  • Final criteria (previous error) – passed to A Pinkerton
  • From NAC – Closure of B777 Proposed works commencement date from 9th to 23rd April 2018 – ACTION E Lochhead to contact Marketing Officer, North Ayrshire Council
  • From EAC – Temporary closure of Western Road Recycling Centre, Kilmarnock. Posted on DLCC website and social media
  • Scottish Fire and Rescue Service consultation – review of delivery of services to communities.

Consultation period ends 14th May 2018. The online survey which should be used to send your comments straight to SFRS before 14th May can be found here. ACTION share on DLCC website and social media.

  • From EAC – Feedback on Vibrant Voices consultation
  • From EAC – Information about The Big Lunch from Eden Project Communities
  • Community Consultation: Alcohol in East Ayrshire. East Ayrshire Council is looking for the thoughts of residents on alcohol. The closing date for comments is 31st The survey can be found here. It can either be completed on behalf of the Community Council or individual Community Councillors or residents can complete it on their own behalf. ACTION post on DLCC website and social media

TREASURER’S REPORT
Treasurer's Report April 2018

There will be a full report at the next meeting

  • Appreciation of the 6 new planters at railway station provided by GE Aviation, Prestwick was noted. These planters are required to be filled with free compost available from East Ayrshire Council. Planting protocol will be considered later.
  • Enquiries to be made regarding costs of filling summer hanging baskets.
  • Possibility of funding for additional baskets and brackets for Lugton to be investigated – application to be made online for 8 baskets.

 

PLANNING
Nothing to report

ROADS / RAIL
A member of the public expressed concern over the erosion of the speed table on Kirkland Road.
ACTION – J Taylor to write to East Ayrshire Council

Litter, dumping of rubbish and gritting discussed. Enquiry about Community service litter team.
ACTION – Contact EAC Councillors

COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
No report

CLEAN VILLAGE CAMPAIGN
To be discussed at a later date

FUNDRAISING
Possible opportunity to raise funds for Dunlop and Lugton Community Council in conjunction with Dunlop and District Community Company at Gala Day on Saturday 2nd June 2018

AOCB

  • A member of the public has contacted Brian Whittle MSP regarding condition of Lugton Road
  • Possible parking solutions discussed
  • No feedback received from Police regarding member of public’s enquiry at previous meeting. ACTION E Lochhead to refer to minutes and contact Police.
  • Enquire about defibrillator training

THE NEXT MEETING IS ON THURSDAY 3rd MAY 2018 IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT THE EARLIER TIME OF 6.45PM.

 THIS WILL BE FOLLOWED BY A PUBLIC MEETING AT 7.45PM regarding a proposed new garden centre and ancillary facilities at Magbiehill Park north of Cocklebie Farm being considered by Mr Tom Blackwood. Both Mr Blackwood and his agent will be in attendance to discuss the proposal and answer any queries.

 ALL WELCOME TO ATTEND