DRAFT MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING HELD IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00pm
ON THURSDAY 3RD AUGUST 2017
PRESENT – MEMBERS
J Young (Chair), D Caulfield (Vice Chair), A Pinkerton (Treasurer), E Lochhead (Secretary), E Ferguson (Asst. Sec), J Taylor, I Kerr, J Miller
Cllr John McFadzean, Cllr Ellen Freel, K Bree
Cllr Gordon Jenkins, 3 members of the public, 2 police officers
Minutes of the monthly meeting held on Thursday 1st June 2017. Two amendments.
Approved – D Caulfield, Seconded – J Miller
Minutes of AGM held on Thursday 1st June 2017
Approved – D Caulfield, Seconded – I Kerr
- Notification from East Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership alerting members of the public not to give out their key safe codes over the telephone –
details on C.C. website
- PlayDay 2017 Research Survey – details on C.C. website
- FutureScot’s upcoming Digital Society 2017 Poverty Conference October 5th 2017 – circulate to community council members
- FEARLESS – domestic abuse service – display leaflets on noticeboards
- Climate Change Consultation – details on C.C. website
- Community Planning Partnership Board update – invitation for community council members to return comments by end of August 2017
- Invitation to participate in working group for Community Council Complaints Policy
- Invitation to Community Councils’ Annual Seminar Saturday 30 September 2017
- Alan Brown, MP Kilmarnock and Loudon, July 2017 newsletter – display on Village Hall noticeboard
- Trading Standards Bulletin no.9 June 2017 – display on Village Hall noticeboard
- Merchant Navy Day 3rd September 2017 – display poster on Village Hall noticeboard
- Notification from East Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership alerting members of the public to shed-break ins – details on C.C. website
- Tesco Bags for Help funding scheme information
POLICE – summary of crimes and offences from 31st May to 31st July 2017 in Ward 1 Annick
Drug Dealing and Drug Misuse
Lugton Road – Misuse of Drugs Act – Possession – 1 reported
Violence & Antisocial Behaviour
Kirkland Road – Vandalism – damage motor vehicle by throwing mud and stones at same Livingstone Terrace – Vandalism to vehicle – damage tyre
South Halket – Theft – of oil from tank (occurred between April and end of May)
An incident of stone throwing which took place on 28th July from Newmill Road into the bowling green was raised by a member of the public on behalf of the Green Baillie, Dunlop Bowling Club. The matter was reported to the police at the time.
A request for a police patrol car to pass by the area was agreed, dependant on shifts.
Income – £151.69 Hanging baskets grant
Expenditure – NIL
Balance at 31st May 2017 £1712.89
Income – £400 Annual grant from East Ayrshire Council
Expenditure – £518.76 Hanging baskets
Balance at 31st July 2017 £1511.63
- Removal of Condition 1 (occupancy/structure) of planning consent (new house and agricultural buildings) – Nethergate Farm, Dunlop
- Construction of a new polytunnel greenhouse to cultivate plants including outdoor stock growing beds and associated earthworks, hardstandings, drainage and fence including change of use from agricultural land to plant nursery – McLarens Nursery
- Conversion of stable into living accommodation for existing dwellinghouse and associated alterations – Commoncraig Cottage, Dunlop
- Discharge of Condition 1 (External Materials) of planning consent – West Lodge, Dunlop House, Dunlop
- Scoping request for a proposed hard rock quarry – land at Dareduff Hill C7 Dunlop/Neilston from A735 Nr Dunlop to East Renfrewshire boundary
- Masonry repairs, repointing and spandrel tie works to the viaduct – Stewarton Road Viaduct, Stewarton Road, Dunlop
- Change of use and subdivision of garden ground and erection of dwellinghouse – 1 Hillside Cottage, Halket Road, Lugton
- Erection of 2 dwellinghouses – site Northeast of Hazelbank Farmhouse C100 from Lugton Road to U28 Dunniflat Renfrewshire boundary Lugton
Summary (following communication with Stewart Turner (Head of Roads, Ayrshire Roads Alliance) and Kerr Chalmers (Traffic and Road Safety Manager), East Ayrshire Council.
- Advisory sign – road unsuitable for heavy vehicles – will go up on B706
- Depression in road near Dunlop Railway Station still to be rectified
- Two gulleys at Glazert Road will be investigated more thoroughly
- Advised that no money available for A735 Stewarton Road
- ‘H’ markings at Joiners Lane agreed but not in place
- Guard rail/posts at Dunlop Railway Station not in place
- The Community Council will be formally consulted if the 30mph on A735 Stewarton Road (near the Cobble Shop) is to become permanent.
- No contractor available for white line road marking.
Action – J. Taylor to write to Stewart Turner, Head of Roads, Ayrshire Roads Alliance
- An offer has been received for new planters to be manufactured from waste pallets by charity group based in Prestwick. These will be placed on the Kilmarnock side of the station.
- The plan is to move the six existing troughs to the high wall on the Glasgow side of the station dependant on their condition.
- They will be filled with permanent, survivable planting such as flowering shrubs which require minimum maintenance.
Cllr Gordon Jenkins advised that no committee meetings had been held in July. He agreed to write to Mr Stewart Turner of Ayrshire Roads Alliance to clarify the position and reason for hold up of repairs to U26 road (at Clerkland Farm).
- The suggestion of a garden /window box competition was made – put on agenda for next meeting
- Poppy wreath. Action – I Kerr to order
- Lugton telephone box defibrillator. Action – I Kerr to make enquiries re training
- Dunlop Community Fun Run will take place on Sunday 3rd September 2017 to raise funds for Dunlop Primary School. Registration in the park from 12.30pm. The 2k run will start at 2pm and the 5k run at 2.30pm. Starting outside the Village Hall and finishing in the park, there will be tea, coffee and cakes afterwards alongside the presentation of prizes. Open to all. Action – make donation
- List of Community Council members to be updated. Action – display on noticeboard
- Dunlop Community Hub. Awaiting date for public meeting.
- Vehicle parking affecting visibility at Merito corner.
- Request for link to Dunlop and Lugton Community Council to be put on Dunlop Dwellers Facebook page. Action – E Lochhead to contact K Bree
- Wee Gardens Project update. Action – E Lochhead to send invitation to D McCafferty
- Agenda for Dunlop and Community Council to be displayed 10 days in advance of meeting. Action – E Lochhead
THE NEXT MEETING IS ON THURSDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER 2017
IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM
ALL WELCOME TO ATTEND