Minutes for Monthly Meeting held in Dunlop Village Hall at 7.30pm on Thursday 2nd April 2015
Present: J Young (Chair), D Caulfied (Vice Chair), I Kerr (Secretary),
A Pinkerton (Treasurer), Janette Miller, J Taylor, T Howie
2 Police Officers and 2 members of the public
Apologies: K Bree, E Ferguson, L Brown, Cllr. E Freel
Minutes of monthly meeting held on Thursday 5th March 2015 – approved D Caulfield, seconded A Pinkerton
It was decided to make a local grant application for 4 local benches which are in poor condition with woodwork needing replaced, also for a noticeboard in Lugton and to replace the noticeboard in Dunlop, which is letting in water.
Apart from 1 light the lighting in Lugton is now working.
- Letter from East Ayrshire Council – Lugton are to receive aWW1 Centenary Bench installed. The relative site has been chosen.
- Correspondence from Zurich Insurance – Payment of annual premium of £79.50 due in May (passed to treasurer)
- Dunlop Local Plan – as the village has seen a significant expansion in recent years no further major development is planned with only one small site being designated for new residential development. This is in Stewarton Road with a capacity of 5 houses. This site is at risk of flooding and a detailed flood risk assessment will be required.
- Update from Kathleen Clark, Community Liason Officer, facilitating change, re Gamesa planning application for Glenouther. Those who wish to attend a meeting, let her know and she will set it up. (07854 424976).
- E-mail received from a gentleman wishing to visit Dunlop House where his ancestors lived. He wanted a guide – Community Councillor Liz Brown showed him around Dunlop House, Village and Church.
Andrew Pinkerton reported balance of funds as at 31st March of £925.43. Expenditure was £60 – Gala programme advert, £48.28 – Website costs and £27.03 – secretary expenses, making a total of £135.31. Have spent virtually all our grants for this year. After the accounts have been audited the grant will be given out for the coming year.
The officers reported two crimes for March which were both thefts of a quantity of conductor wire and electrical conductors in Newmill Road.
The Community Policing Officers Team cover Stewarton, Kilmaurs, Dunlop and Lugton.
E.A.C. Cllrs Ward 1
No councillors present
Jack Taylor has expressed concerns again to Ayrshire Roads Alliance on behalf of the C.C. and local residents with regard to the disintegrating state of the roads throughout the village.
Also with the planned development of 290 houses on the Dunlop Road near to Cocklebie at Stewarton, there will probably be changes at the road from Dunlop due to access to the site etc. Public consultation April 29th 1.00pm to 7.00pm, Stewarton Area Centre, Avenue Street, Stewarton.
Jack attended a meeting of Kilmarnock Station Heritable Trust regarding making the line more attractive.
Church – plans for new vestry have been withdrawn at the moment due to some significant letters received concerning the plans.
Development of the park – it was emphasized that the public will be involved in any consultations.
Hanging baskets in the village – apply for a grant beginning of May – watering volunteers needed!
E-mail from Andy Thomson re Blue Plaque for George Henry, one of the Glasgow Boys, lived in Dunlop 1891 -93, Andrew Pinkerton investigating, Ellenor Ferguson advising Mr Thomson of progress.
Dunlop Diary – 760 copies are sent out to Parish and also by e-mail 9 times a year at church’s expense. They are happy to include relevant news items. It was agreed to put details of the Community Council in the Diary, website and facebook and give a donation to the church.
A member of the public enquired if rules could be clarified re Atrium Homes.
Allotments – Jack Taylor understood that local authorities have a duty to provide allotments.
Congratulations to Ann Durward of Clerkland Farm for gaining PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) for Ayrshire Dunlop Cheese (traditional Dunlop cheese).This now joins iconic Scottish Foods such as Stornoway Black Pudding etc.
Date of next Community Council Meeting 7.30pm Thursday 30th April 2015 in Dunlop Village Hall.
The meeting is a week early due to General Election taking place on 7th May.