We have received reports that East Ayrshire residents are receiving phone calls from people claiming that they work for SKY and that they are calling about a ‘refund’ you are supposedly due. The callers go on to say that this ‘refund’ must be claimed within 48 hours and that to do so they must have your bank account details.
Don’t get caught. This is a scam.
SKY have confirmed that they would not process refunds in this way.
If you have received one of these calls and have been persuaded to pass over your bank details – contact your bank straight away and arrange to have any payments stopped.
By sharing the Facebook Post https://www.facebook.com/eactradingstandards/ you can help reduce the risk of someone being scammed.
MEETING OF DUNLOP & LUGTON COMMUNITY COUNCIL
TO BE HELD ON THURSDAY 5th APRIL 2018
AT 7.00pm IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL
- Welcome, introduction and apologies
- Minutes of previous meeting held on Thursday 15th March 2018
- Matters arising
- Police Report
- Local Councillors
- ‘Clean Village’ campaign
- Any other competent business
- Date of next meeting
DRAFT MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING HELD IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM ON THURSDAY 15TH MARCH 2018
PRESENT – MEMBERS
J Young (Chair), A Pinkerton (Treasurer), E Lochhead (Secretary), J Taylor, I Kerr,
E Ferguson, J Miller, T Howie, Martha Brindley
D Caulfield (Vice Chair), P Graham, L Shuttleton, Cllr Ellen Freel
Cllr G Jenkins, Cllr J McGhee, 3 members of the public, 2 police officers
J Young (Chair) welcomed everyone to the meeting which had been rescheduled from 1st March 2018 due to adverse weather conditions.
Minutes of the monthly meeting held on Thursday 1st February 2018
Approved – E Ferguson, Seconded – A Pinkerton
Summary of crimes and offences since 30th January 2018 to 12th March 2018 in Ward 1 Annick
Vandalism – car tyre slashed – Livingstone Terrace
Vandalism – to car – snap badge off front and discard – Kirkland Road
S38 (Cause fear and alarm) – 2 named suspects to be traced – Livingstone Terrace
Vandalism – piece of concrete thrown through living room window- enquiry continues – Kirkland Road
The issue of fly tipping was discussed. Police officers advised that any incidents witnessed should be reported.
- Police Scotland – home security advice. ACTION – put on DLCC website/ Facebook page
- Email from George Davidson – unable to attend meeting. Invitation issued for ERA representative to attend meeting on 5th April 2018.
- Bank Closures Inquiry – impacts on local businesses, consumers and Scottish economy. ACTION – put on DLCC website/ Facebook page
- Community Spring Clean / Dunlop & Lugton litter campaign. ACTION – put on agenda for next meeting.
- Guide to using Social Media. ACTION – email to CC members
- Request for volunteers to join Fire and Rescue Service Volunteer Asset Register
- Notification of shortlisting of application for PB funding of Solar Christmas Trees
- 2018/19 Roads and Lighting Programme. ACTION – put link on DLCC website/Facebook page
- Poster for Participatory Budget Event on 17th March 2018. ACTION – put notice on DLCC website/ Facebook page
- Gillies Hill Culvert Replacement notification – Closure of B777 April – July 2018. ACTION – await further confirmation and put on DLCC website/Facebook page
The condition of roads in Dunlop and the wider East Ayrshire area was discussed. There has been a substantial increase in complaints. Councillor McGhee explained the current system of prioritising repairs and the impacts of increased workload at times of gritting, road clearance and erection and dismantling of festive lighting. Patching has been carried out to make roads safe. Resurfacing works can be expected at some point in the coming months.
GRITTING/ CLEARING OF RURAL ROADS
It was noted that a number of streets were not gritted and rural roads were not cleared during the recent severe weather conditions. A query was raised regarding the use of local assistance from the farming community. Councillor McGhee agreed to contact Ayrshire Roads Alliance (ARA).
A member of the public stated that the pavements at Livingstone Terrace and Allanvale, inhabited by older adults, had not been gritted and that George Davidson of ARA had stated that there has been a change of category in prioritisation – upgraded then downgraded. Councillor McGhee agreed to raise this at next meeting.
The member of the public will organise a meeting with George Davidson for residents of Carruthers Close and Allanvale.
A community councillor highlighted that the Capital Investment Programme does not include works on the A735, which cannot wait a further 3 years, and is not included in the recently agreed £6 million budget.
The varying condition of roads throughout Ayrshire, the factors affecting road conditions and cuts in funding were discussed. Councillor McGhee agreed to relay concerns back to East Ayrshire Council.
Signage within the area was discussed.
It was noted that roadside dumping of litter is an issue. Litter clean up schemes are operating in surrounding towns and villages. Dunlop and Lugton Community Council will consider the possibility of a ‘Clean Village’ campaign. Councillor Jenkins expressed his interest and offered to become involved. ACTION – discuss at next meeting
The cost of the solar Christmas tree lights has been covered by grants and donations.
East Ayrshire Council annual grant of £100 has been utilised for DLCC advert in Dunlop Gala Day programme and DLCC Secretary’s expenses.
£500 grant received from East Ayrshire Council for hanging baskets.
Bid submitted for Participatory Budget funding for 2018 solar Christmas lights. Public vote to be held at Stewarton Annick Centre between 10am and 2pm on Saturday 17th March 2018. ACTION – advert to be placed
Consideration to be given to fundraising in order to replenish DLCC funds.
- Note – Conversion of former farm outbuilding to a single new dwelling house – I think this may be the same as an older application when this building was called the piggery.
The Stables 2 Craighead U21 Brockwellmuir From A735 To C7 Via C100 Lugton East Ayrshire KA3 4DT
Ref. No: 18/0103/PP | Received: Tue 06 Feb 2018 | Validated: Fri 16 Feb 2018 | Status: Registered
- Note – discharge of conditions (slates, render finishing and fences)
Leahead Farm Dunlop Kilmarnock East Ayrshire KA3 4BP
Ref. No: 18/0190/AMCPP | Received: Fri 09 Mar 2018 | Validated: Fri 09 Mar 2018 | Status: Registered
- Note removal of agricultural occupancy condition – outside of our area?
Ferndale Low Gameshill South Of Dunlop Stewarton East Ayrshire KA3 3ER
Ref. No: 18/0144/PP | Received: Fri 23 Feb 2018 | Validated: Fri 02 Mar 2018 | Status: Registered
- Note – out of our area and now decided
Magbiehill Farm Dunlop Road Stewarton East Ayrshire KA3 3ES
Ref. No: 18/0003/EIASCR | Received: Wed 21 Feb 2018 | Validated: Wed 21 Feb 2018 |Status: Decided
Already discussed above
Already discussed above
- Small Community Award grant application submitted for painting of Lugton telephone box and installation of planters.
- Enquiries to be made on behalf of DLCC regarding installation of defibrillator and training courses. ACTION E Lochhead
THE NEXT MEETING IS ON THURSDAY 5th APRIL 2018 IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM.
ALL WELCOME TO ATTEND
Scottish Parliament’s Economy, Jobs and Fair Work Committee wish to share information about their inquiry into the impact of back closures.
The main inspiration behind the Committee’s inquiry is that the number of bank branches across Scotland reduced by a third between 2010 and 2017.
The Committee wants to hear from as many people as possible, as a business owner or as an individual. The Committee are keen to find out how branch closures have impacted communities at as local a level as possible. Continue reading
Police in East Ayrshire are encouraging residents to review their home security following a recent rise in sneak in thefts in the area.
In a number of recent incidents entry has been gained through an unlocked door or open window – there are steps we can all take to reduce the chances of becoming the victim of this type of crime. Continue reading
RESCHEDULED MEETING OF DUNLOP & LUGTON COMMUNITY COUNCIL
TO BE HELD ON THURSDAY 15th MARCH 2018
AT 7.00pm IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL
The Monthly Meeting that was cancelled because of the bad weather has been rescheduled for Thursday 15th March 7.00pm in the Village Hall. Continue reading