DRAFT MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING HELD IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM ON THURSDAY 4TH OCTOBER 2018
Cllr E Freel, J Taylor, P Graham
PRESENT – MEMBERS
J Young (Chair), D Caulfield (Vice Chair), A Pinkerton (Treasurer),
E Lochhead (Secretary), M Brindley, E Ferguson, T Howie, I Kerr, J Miller
PRESENT – COUNCILLORS
Cllr G Jenkins, Cllr J McFadzean
3 members of the public
J Young welcomed everyone to the meeting and requested that any comments be made via the Chair.
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Minutes of the monthly meeting held on Thursday 4th October 2018 agreed as a true record.
Proposed – I Kerr, Seconded – D Caulfield
- A736 Lochlibo Road – RTA, S3 – careless driving. 1 to be charged
- Dunlop House – Theft by housebreaking
- Thank you letter from visitors to Dunlop who thanked J Young for his interesting guided tour
- East Ayrshire Licencing Board – Draft statement of principles
- Community Investment Team funding alert
- Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places – no change to Dunlop
- Invitation to Joint Community Council meeting
- Poster for Royal Mail scam mail team
- See attached report
- A query was raised about the sum of £165 granted by East Ayrshire Council for delivery and installation of Christmas decorations which was significantly less than last year. Cllr Jenkins explained the decision of the Grants Committee.
- Once all the costs associated with the Lugton Defibrillator project are finalised, a decision will be made on the remaining funds. M Brindley and L Shuttleton to bring proposals to next meeting.
Nothing to report.
- Lugton Road now resurfaced
- Pavement cleared at 22 Lochlibo Road
- Ayrshire Roads Alliance have agreed to address following issues:
- Condition of slippy pavement in Lugton to facilitate safe crossing towards Canny Man
- Repair / replacement of damaged pavement guard rail on corner of Lugton Road/Main Street, Dunlop
- Site inspection in conjunction with Police regarding overtaking on stretch of road at Lugton
- J Taylor’s report on rail passenger numbers circulated
- It was noted that trains to Glasgow run on Platform 2 on a Sunday but only till 2.00pm. Request for signage to be amended
- Key for railway fence padlock to be obtained ACTION A Pinkerton
LOCAL COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
- Cllr Jenkins highlighted the recent issue of an intruder entering a household in Stewarton. Police are continuing enquiries
- Cllr Jenkins to request a short report from EAC regarding the tidy up situation of household waste bins following the recent severe windy weather
- Member of public advised to contact EAC re missed collection of waste / recycling bins in Lugton Rd
CONSTITUTION / COMMUNITY COUNCIL CHANGE
The role and remit of the Community Council was raised and discussed. East Ayrshire Council would need to approve any proposed changes to the current Constitution. There need to adapt to meet the needs of the community was discussed as well as the variety of ways to become more accessible to differing groups within the village such as parents with children, young people and others unable to attend the monthly meetings in the evening.
COMMUNITY ACTION PLAN UPDATE
Waiting on East Ayrshire Council to convene a meeting of initial steering group. Need a further 2 or 3 volunteers. Easter 2019 is new target completion date.
LUGTON DEFIBRILLATOR UPDATE
A few small outstanding works to be completed. Thank you letters to be sent.
- There will be a two minute silence and laying of the wreath at war memorial on Sunday 11th November
- Christmas lighting for the village discussed
J Young thanked everyone for their attendance.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 1st November 2018 at 7.00pm in Dunlop Village Hall.
Everyone welcome to attend.