DRAFT MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING HELD IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM ON THURSDAY 5TH JULY 2018
PRESENT – MEMBERS
J Young (Chair), D Caulfield (Vice Chair), A Pinkerton (Treasurer), E Lochhead (Secretary), M Brindley, P Graham, I Kerr, J Miller, J Taylor
E Ferguson, Tom Howie, L Shuttleton, Stewart Turner (Head of Ayrshire Roads Alliance)
9 members of the public
J Young welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Caitlin Jackson of The Mill House, Stewarton presented a cheque for £150 from Buzzworks as a donation to the Lugton Defibrillator project. M Brindley thanked Caitlin on behalf of the Community Council.
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Query relating to current validity of 30mph speed sign on road from Dunlop to Stewarton.
Minutes of the monthly meeting held on Thursday 7th June 2018
Approved – I Kerr, Seconded – M Brindley
- Grant request for installation of Christmas lights to be submitted to EAC council by 2nd August 2018
- Compost now available for train station planters. Volunteers will be required within the next 6-8 weeks to transport compost and soil from station car park to the planters.
- More volunteers needed for watering hanging baskets in Dunlop due to dry spell.
No new planning applications received. P Graham agreed to continue his role in reporting planning matters.
- The conditions due to surface water and traffic cones on road near Dunlop House and Commoncraig corner to be brought to the attention of East Ayrshire Council. ACTION – E Lochhead to contact EAC
- Resident of lower Main Street raised concerns of speeding in that area of the village and has contacted the Police regarding the matter. He reported that his recent short term trial of cautionary signs to drivers did have an effect in slowing traffic. These signs have been removed by East Ayrshire Council and the possibility of alternative signage was discussed. ACTION – write to Stewart Turner, Ayrshire Roads Alliance
- M Brindley was voted as the main point of contact in Roads and Rail matters
33 Main Street, Dunlop – application for installation of new windows
LOCAL COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
Local resident, Heather Thomson, described her proposal of an outdoor woodland gym, adventure activities and play park at Commoncraig. There is potential for a variety of wellbeing/nature events and space for allotments. Whilst still at the conceptual stage, the community council had no objections.
COMMUNITY ACTION PLAN
Further to the public meeting held on Thu 24th May 2018, Councillor Ellen Freel has established links with East Ayrshire Council and an application form has been submitted to start the process in developing a Community Action Plan. The next step is to gather all community groups together and this will be facilitated by EAC hosting a public meeting in late August/early September 2018. There are a number of open spaces in and around Dunlop that require management and co-ordination. This is an opportunity to work together and apply jointly for funding.
The target set by M Brindley and L Shuttleton to raise funds to install a defibrillator in the disused telephone kiosk in Lugton has almost been fully met. Current contributions/pledges from local businesses:
St John Ambulance £500
The Mill House £150
Tracey Group £100
SBS Lugton £200
Welsh Uplawmoor £100
Leiths Lugton Lime £100
Toc H charity £250
Bowman Garden Machinery £500
J Young thanked M Brindley.
LUGTON HANGING BASKETS
M Brindley thanked the community council for the 8 hanging baskets received for Lugton.
LUGTON NOTICE BOARD
Keys for the notice board were passed to M Brindley.
- CVO Training Schedule 2018
- Battle’s Over – A Nation’s Tribute 11th November 2018. ACTION – Consider at later date
- Reminder about location of Christmas tree. ACTION – Dunlop and District Community Company (DDCC) will use their own contractor to install & remove tree
- Applications for Climate Fund open
- Notification of Council Tax phone scam. ACTION – Post on website/social media
- Participation Requests on-line survey. ACTION – circulate to CC
- Nominations now open for 2018 Year of Young People Awards. ACTION – post on website/social media
- Community Investment Team Funding Alert
- EAC Gardening Competition 2018. Entries close on 28th July
- Nominations for Councillor Awards open – closing date 20 Sept
- Provost’s Ride for Dad on Sun 5th Aug in aid of Prostate Cancer
- Community Investment Team Funding Alert 29th June
- Empty Homes Exhibition 22nd August in Kilmarnock
- Invitation to engage with the Northern Locality Team i.e. Local Health and Social Care Partnership
- Scottish Land Commission – Invitation to a public meeting in Bonnyton Community Centre 12th July – open to all EAC residents
- Further info and poster re Scottish Land Commission meeting
- Public consultation on East Ayrshire’s Licencing Board draft Statement of Licencing Policy – responses no later than 7th ACTION – Share link on CC website
- Update from Stewart Turner in response to matters raised in a previous letter to Ayrshire Roads Alliance (ARA)
- A735 Lugton Road repairs scheduled for August 2018
- A735 Stewarton to Dunlop road
2i. ARA have made initial contact made with Police Scotland and this work includes a review of the Hill Farm Road location at which a number of road issues have been observed
2ii. ARA in on-going discussions with Police Scotland re extension of 30mph zone
2iii The enforcement of speed limits rests with Police Scotland
- B706 Burnhouse to Dunlop via Main Street – ARA arranging a meeting with North Ayrshire Council. Will take views of Community Council in regard to a “Unsuitable for HGV’s” sign to the meeting
- ARA have no plans to amend the arrangements around Newmill Road
- Railings at John Simon’s corner are damaged. ACTION – E Lochhead to contact EAC Roads department
- Temporary removal of CC notice board – stored for safekeeping during refurbishment of bus stop outside Norman’s shop. Now back in situ.
- Local resident named Scotland’s Gardener of the Year at RHS. ACTION – E Lochhead to send congratulations on behalf of CC
- Possibility of EAC to water hanging baskets raised. ACTION – E Lochhead to contact EAC
- J Young offered his congratulations to all involved in the successful community acquisition of Merito pub
- Proposed change to the number of CC monthly meetings. ACTION – A Pinkerton to check if there is a requirement to change Constitution
J Young thanked everyone for their attendance.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 2nd August 2018 at 7.00pm in Dunlop Village Hall.
Everyone welcome to attend