DRAFT MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING HELD IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL
AT 7.00PM ON THURSDAY 6THDECEMBER 2018
Cllr E Freel, Cllr J McFadzean, P Graham
PRESENT – MEMBERS
D Caulfield (Vice Chair), A Pinkerton(Treasurer), E Lochhead (Secretary),
M Brindley, L Shuttleton, E Ferguson, J Taylor,T Howie, I Kerr, J Miller
PRESENT – COUNCILLORS
Cllr G Jenkins
2 members of the public and 1 police officer
D Caulfield welcomed everyone to the meeting.
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Letter received from ARA regarding speeding measures being introduced on the A736 at Lugton
Minutes of the November meeting to be finalised.
- Draft policy for complaints procedure ACTION – email to community councillors for response to EAC
- Public survey on Quality of Care, NHS Ayrshire & Arran http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/HYDPA/
- Gritter tracking on Ayrshire Roads Alliance website https://blog.ayrshireroadsalliance.org/gritter-tracking-launched-by-ayrshire-roads-alliance/
- Scottish Community Councils news and resources update ACTION – email to community councillors
- EAC Funding Alert 29/11/18
- New information service from EAC Subscribe Stay Connected to receive news, service updates and info from East Ayrshire Council to your email inbox
- Vibrant Voices newsletter Update November 2018
- EAC Funding Alert 06/12/18
- Letter from Toc H 5 Villages Group, Lugton – New group formed to encompass local villages. A new minibus has been funded and is available for hiring out to groups or for private functions locally – enquiries to Toch5villages@toch.org.uk For information on this International charity https://toch-uk.org.uk/ New members welcome.
- No funds credited or debited last month
- There will be expenditure related to Christmas lights, printing of Dazzle Off leaflets and voting forms
- Awaiting delivery of a cut Christmas tree for grassy area on roundabout towards railway station. Solar lights to be added. The possibility of a living tree to be considered for next year.
- Door and windowreplacements at 2 Stewarton Road (listed building)
- Roof materials and external finish at Dunlop Kirk, Main Street to be approved
A site visit took place in connection with the A726 north of Lugton by a roads officer and a traffic officer from Police Scotland. The following work has been scheduled:
- Existing electronic signs – 2 no. “40” speed limit roundels with “SLOW DOWN” combinations and 2 no.“double bend” with “SLOW DOWN” combinations are to be replaced with new electronic signs
- Various damaged signs to be replaced including chevrons and countdown markers
It was also noted that:
- Police Scotland will not support the introduction of double white lines
- Incident on 22 October 2018 was a result of diesel spillage on the carriageway
J Taylor highlighted a recent newspaper article regarding line electrification and suggestion of a two track line.
Summary of the crimes and offences since 31 October 2018 in Ward 1 – Annick (Dunlop and Lugton)
- Lugton Road – S38 (breach of the peace) and assault – 1 apprehended
- Since the end of the last reporting period there have been issues with bogus workers in the area.There was an incident last weekend in Dunlop with police enquiries continuing. A further bogus worker incident was reported on 4/12/18. An arrest was made for road traffic matters.
- The sergeant asked that the public be aware that bogus workers may return and to be alert. If you have any concerns please contact the police.
LOCAL COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
Cllr Jenkins gave a report on recent Cabinet meeting
- 2019 budget due Feb 2019
- Parents views St Joseph’s Primary School
- Pupil Equity Fund discussed
- 28 entries received so far for the Christmas lights competition
- Voting forms will be printed and 5 collection boxes placed around the village
- Regular updates on social media
- Sponsorship to be investigated for 2019
- 7 people attended the Christmas film showing to launch the Dazzle Off and £20 raised
- D Caulfield thanked L Shuttleton and E Ferguson for all their hard work
- Concerns were raised regarding young children jumping on wooden fence at railway bridge. Request will be sent to primary school to bring danger to pupils’ attention
- PTA and Christmas fayre worked well with one being 10 – 1pm and other 1 – 4pm. Both were well attended
- There will be a Community Action Plan (CAP) meeting in January to agree questionnaire
- There is a vacancy for anyone with technical knowledge, willing to take over the running of the Community Council website on a voluntary basis. If interested, please contact the Secretary at email@example.com It was agreed that there is still a need for a website and this platform is more appropriate for minutes, lengthy documents and consultation papers than social media.
- Query received from member of the public regarding minutes. It was agreed bullet points would be issued on social media following a meeting and minutes completed by Friday of the following week.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 7th February 2019 at 7.00pm in Dunlop Village Hall.
Everyone most welcome to attend.