MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING HELD IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM ON THURSDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER 2019
P Graham, E Ferguson
PRESENT – MEMBERS
J Young (Chair), D Caulfield (Vice Chair), A Pinkerton (Treasurer),
E Lochhead (Secretary), I Kerr, J Taylor, J Gaskin, M Brindley,
PRESENT – COUNCILLORS
Cllr Gordon Jenkins, Cllr Ellen Freel, Cllr John McFadzean
4 members of the public, A Hodgart (Vibrant Communities, East Ayrshire Council)
J Young welcomed everyone to the meeting. Community Councillor Mr Tom Howie passed away recently. Thanks and appreciation were expressed for the many years of his involvement with the Community Council. He will be very much missed at the meetings.
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
J Taylor has prepared a report. This was passed to M Brindley to contact Roads Department
Minutes of the monthly meeting held on Thursday 1st August 2019 –
Proposed D Caulfield, Seconded by A Pinkerton
- Letter from P Graham expressing his thanks to the late Tom Howie for his support and input into the community council and that he always found him to be very helpful and friendly
- Reminder for households to complete annual canvas forms for the electoral register
- Social media training for community organisations
- Brush up on digital skills – refer to EAC website
- Best Start Food Payment
- Vibrant Voices August 2019 update
Lochlibo Road, Lugton – Road Traffic Act – motor vehicle driven on public road without valid insurance
No money spent in August. £5000 donation from film production company deposited.
D Caulfield has requested East Ayrshire Council to match fund. A Hodgart reported that there was no money available to match fund and suggested that having a Community Action Plan in place would be advantageous. The Community Council plan to distribute the donation in September/October.
- Hallmoss Farm, U21, Brockwellmuir – erection of side extension
- 35 Stewarton Road, Dunlop – demolition of existing cottage and erection of two new dwelling houses with associated access
- 10 Main Street, Dunlop – Installation of a replacement front door
- 21 Livingstone Terrace, Dunlop – proposed single storey extension to rear of dwelling house
- Old Mill, U27, Struthers from Newmill Road to C7 – erection of storage shed
- Overgrown footpaths at Lugton
- Road markings require repainting
- Bus service concerns raised by two members of the public. Email A Hodgart who will pass on details to McGills
- A Pinkerton passed round a draft design for signage for station planters
LOCAL COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
- Labour group proposal for Ayrshire’s councils to work together on bus services to rural areas being looked at. Councillors will keep community council informed
- Feasibility of an East Ayrshire Council lottery being considered. No decision yet – report due by Christmas
- Early Childhood Centre site not confirmed yet
CHRISTMAS DAZZLE OFF
- L Shuttleton said the team are happy to run the Dazzle Off again
- It was agreed that the community council will arrange to erect the Christmas tree which is provided and delivered by East Ayrshire Council (EAC) – once in position EAC will return to put lights on
- In addition, site for a living tree with battery operated lights being considered – budget to be brought back to next meeting for approval
- Costs to be gathered on basis of extending the area of baskets and grant application submitted
- Bracket outside school to be transferred to one outside church
M Brindley requested that letters of appreciation be sent to Willy Coffey MSP and Fiona Lees, Chief Executive, East Ayrshire Council for swift assistance with flood water and leaked sewage in Lugton following recent heavy rainfall.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 3rd October 2019 at 7.00pm
in Dunlop Village Hall.
Everyone most welcome to attend.