MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING HELD IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM ON THURSDAY 7th NOVEMBER 2019
Cllr John McFadzean
PRESENT – MEMBERS
J Young (Chair), D Caulfield (Vice Chair), A Pinkerton (Treasurer), E Lochhead (Secretary), I Kerr, P Graham, E Ferguson, J Taylor, J Gaskin, M Brindley, L Shuttleton
PRESENT – COUNCILLORS
Cllr Ellen Freel
3 members of the public, 1 police officers
J Young welcomed everyone to the meeting
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Minutes of the monthly meeting held on Thursday 3rd October 2019 –
Approved M Brindley, Seconded by I Kerr
No crimes to report. If members of the public have any concerns phone Police on 101
Read out/circulated – relevant public notices to be posted on Community Council website
Nothing to report – no income or expenditure in October. There will be expenditure relating to Remembrance Day wreath, Lugton lights and Dunlop Christmas tree on next month’s report.
Sign for planters at train station still to be finalised.
- McLarens Nursery – demolition and rebuild of glasshouse
- Wigwams, Lugton – a site visit by East Ayrshire Council Planning department is expected to be carried out in response to concerns raised by residents of Lugton. Cllr Freel will follow this matter up and community council will write to Network Rail
- Cats eyes at Lugton to be cleared up
- Footpath at Lugton not cleared to date – MB will contact EAC
- Future road closures will be emailed to community council
- Views from members of the public on local road and pavement repairs/resurfacing is being collated by community council and will be forwarded to Ayrshire Roads Alliance. Any further views can be added to those already received.
- Two new large planters will be installed in Dunlop
LOCAL COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
- Cllr Freel reported on Ayrshire Roads Alliance presentation to Council including discussion on use of plastics in road surfacing
PARTICIPATORY BUDGET FUNDING EVENT UPDATE
- Community Council awaiting confirmation of criteria (Clean, Green and Vibrant) from Vibrant Communities. J Young suggested a date in February for the event be agreed and that a fixed timetable presented at the next meeting
- DC to work on organising a steering group
- All groups within the village will be contacted directly as soon as details finalised and a notice placed in the Dunlop Diary
CHRISTMAS DAZZLE OFF UPDATE
- Location of utilities being checked before Christmas tree planted at Burnhouse Cottages
- Lights have been purchased and judge appointed for the Dazzle Off competition
- Suggested date of switch on Monday 2nd December to tie in with Christingle event
- AP to organise printing of leaflets
- Purchase of rope lights being considered for lampposts
- Dunlop 2020 calendar now available costing £6
- Summer baskets to be removed Sat 10th Volunteers have been organised.
- Request Community Payback Team to strim area of overgrowth on Lugton Road. Cllr Freel to follow this up.
- EL agreed that minutes be displayed 14 days after monthly meeting
- J Young thanked everyone for their attendance.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 5th December 2019 LOCATION AND TIME TO BE CONFIRMED
as the Village hall has been booked on this date