DRAFT MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING HELD IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM ON THURSDAY 2ND MAY 2019
E Ferguson, L Shuttleton, Cllr G Jenkins
PRESENT – MEMBERS
J Young (Chair), D Caulfield (Vice Chair), A Pinkerton (Treasurer), E Lochhead (Secretary) T Howie, I Kerr, P Graham, M Brindley, J Taylor, J Miller
PRESENT – COUNCILLORS
Cllr E Freel, Cllr G Jenkins
2 members of the public, 1 police officer
J Young welcomed everyone to the meeting.
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Update from D Caulfield following recent Joint Community Council meeting – transport links discussed
Minutes of the monthly meeting held on Thursday 4th April 2019 agreed as a true record.
Approved – P Graham, Seconded – D Caulfield
No new crimes recorded.
Officer confirmed that road statistics are released quarterly from Pinnacle to Roads Department.
Two uniformed police officers will be in attendance at Dunlop Gala Day on Saturday 1st June 2019.
J Young thanked officer.
- Channel 4 have commissioned a four-part drama and the production company will be filming at various locations in Dunlop throughout July. Each household will receive information and a public meeting is currently being arranged.
- All other correspondence read out – several items to be put on website
- Station planters now filled with compost -volunteers required once plants have been selected
- Hanging basket update – plants ordered – 48 baskets to be filled by volunteers on Tues 7th May
- Dunlop & District Community Company seeking volunteers from Dunlop & Lugton Community Council to man the burger stall at Dunlop Gala Day
- Major development proposal – proposed new hard rock quarry and associated access, processing plant, welfare facilities, settlement lagoons and bunding – land at Dareduff Hill C7 Dunlop/Neilston from A735 Nr Dunlop to East Renfrewshire boundary
- Observations on this matter to be made – Uplawmoor Community Council to arrange meeting with Neilston CC and DLCC next week
- 76 Main Street – replacement windows\door
- Brocklie Farm – enlargement of decking
- Cocklebie – erection of fence
- Housing developments and infrastructure/services discussed
- Contact Ayrshire Roads Alliance (ARA) regarding the poor condition of the road towards Lochridgehills – U21
- Up to 2000m of A735 to be repaired from U29 – 21
LOCAL COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
- Allanvale area lighting
- Clerkland bridge – almost ready to go to tender
- Meeting with Chief Executive 16th May 2019
- Tour of Britain cycling event passing through Stewarton Sat 7th September 2019
- Interest shown for new bus service Fenwick
- Potential upgrading of road from Fenwick to Stewarton discussed
- Hanging baskets update – site visit regarding extra brackets
- Dunlop Gala Day 10th Anniversary Saturday 1st June 2019 – list of events during week
J Young thanked everyone for their attendance.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 6th June 2019 (immediately following AGM at 7.00pm) in Dunlop Village Hall.
Everyone welcome to attend.