DRAFT MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING HELD IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM ON THURSDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER 2018
L Shuttleton, E Ferguson, Cllr J McFadzean, Cllr E Freel, Cllr J McGhee
PRESENT – MEMBERS
J Young (Chair), D Caulfield (Vice Chair), A Pinkerton (Treasurer),
E Lochhead (Secretary), M Brindley, P Graham, T Howie, I Kerr, J Miller, J Taylor
PRESENT – COUNCILLORS
Cllr G Jenkins
3 members of the public, 2 police officers
J Young welcomed everyone to the meeting.
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Minutes of the monthly meeting held on Thursday 2nd August 2018 agreed as a true record. Proposed – D Caulfield, Seconded – M Brindley
Lugton Road – Breach of bail – named suspect to be traced
Netherton Farm, Lugton – Theft – of post box from farm entrance
- Speeding traffic entering Lugton near the railway bridge was discussed and also the possibility of relocating the speed limit sign
- Speeding tickets issued at Lochlibo Road
- Bogus telephone call alert from EAC
- Addition and removal of disabled parking bays
- Letter from resident – re parking at Village Hall
- Invitation to Community Resilience event 2nd October
- Info about Scottish Community Councils’ website
- Community Investment Team (CIT) Funding Alert – 17/10/18
- Letter from Ayrshire Civil Contingencies Team re Community Resilience Event
- Volunteering opportunity Scottish Ambulance service
- Volunteer for NHS Ayrshire and Arran Immunisation Steering Group
- Invitation to Community Council training in Planning
- Police Report
- Free trees for schools and communities
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) briefing
- Survey “Uncovering the Environment” project University of Dundee
- Moscow & Waterside Community Council request for support – EAC Mineral Plan – objections to be lodged by Fri 14th September – Meeting on Wed 12th September at MWWC
N.B. £4650 raised for Lugton Defibrillator project
Community Council funds = £661.58 in reserves
- Dareduff Hill – at very early stages of the planning process
ACTION P Graham
- Hillview – windows
- Blackwoods – application for 2 units
- Aiket & Brae Farm – application for a single dwelling
- 1 Lugton Road – windows/doors
- 71 Main Street – paint gable
- 33 Main Street – replacement windowsPlanning out with boundary (of interest) – proposed Lainshaw Development of 120 houses
- Footpaths on Lochlibo Road, Lugton overgrown and slippy
ACTION E Lochhead
- Update on Lugton Road resurfacing
- Outstanding repair to railing at roundabout ACTION E Lochhead
- Discussion regarding station planters – planned date for filling of planters cancelled due to heavy rainfall. Volunteers required – rescheduled date to be confirmed.
- Drop in rail passenger numbers ACTION J Taylor
LOCAL COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
Cllr G Jenkins gave his report. Information on burials discussed.
COMMUNITY ACTION PLAN
A meeting was held on 28th August 2018 with a presentation by two EAC Community workers on the Community Action Plan process with examples of how other communities have been successful. Ten organisations within the village were present and five individuals offered to become involved in a CAP steering group – another 3 or 4 people are required – if interested contact: email@example.com ACTION D Caulfield
Once a steering group has been formed there will be a full community consultation. This will be an opportunity for all voices to be heard and survey responses will be analysed and findings made public.
Copy of historic (Kilmarnock & Loudon) survey to be requested from EAC ACTION D Caulfield
M Brindley gave a full update on the project. The launch and Canny Man Fun Day will take place on Saturday 22nd September 2018.
- Dunlop & Lugton Community Council have signed two formal agreements with Community Heart beat Trust (1) to allow the servicing/check of defibrillator and (2) siting of defibrillator on DLCC property (i.e. telephone kiosk)
- Anomaly in NHS Prescription Service – registering same email address for more than one person ACTION E Lochhead
- Closure of Western Road refuse centre – dumping of rubbish on road to Neilston ACTION J Miller
- Request for purchase of plants for Lugton – discussion to be diaried for end of year ACTION A Pinkerton & M Brindley
- Inconsiderate parking at church. Report to police if causing an obstruction.
- Drainage of public park – initial investigations are not entirely conclusive but reasonably positive – upgrading required
- Thanks were extended to those involved in the recent Fun Run which was a hugely successful event with over 200 participants in the 2k run
- Merito official Open Day Saturday 15th September 2018
- Presentation of proposals for extension to school Wed 19th September 2018 5-7pm
- Position Vacant for tech savvy individual to administer Community Council website ACTION D Caulfield
- J Young gave visitors to Dunlop a successful and informative guided tour of the village
J Young thanked everyone for their attendance.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 4th October 2018 at 7.00pm in Dunlop Village Hall.
Everyone welcome to attend.