DRAFT MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING HELD IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM ON THURSDAY 2ND NOVEMBER 2017
PRESENT – MEMBERS
J Young (Chair), A Pinkerton (Treasurer), E Lochhead (Secretary), J Taylor, P Graham,
I Kerr, E Ferguson, J Miller, T Howie
D Caulfield (Vice Chair)
Cllr John McFadzean, Cllr Ellen Freel, Cllr G Jenkins, 5 members of the public,
1 police officer
J Young welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Minutes of the monthly meeting held on Thursday 5th October 2017
Approved – E Ferguson, Seconded – T Howie
Summary of crimes and offences from 29th September 2017 in Ward 1 Annick
Vandalism – car scratched along one side – Main Street
Communications Act – threatening phone call, enquiries continue – Lugton Road
Vandalism – broken window by unknown means – Kirkland Road
Sergeant C Beaver from the Community Policing Team was present and listened to concerns raised regarding recent anti-social behaviour. He urged that all incidents be reported to the police. If incidents are on the rise then another action plan can be raised and officers tasked to progress any reports.
Parking issues were discussed and drivers reminded that care should be taken to park responsibly around the village, e.g. at the railway station or near junctions. Visibility can also be poor at Merito corner due to parked cars. The possibility of a traffic speed strip on Stewarton Road near Merito was discussed. Sergeant Beaver will check criteria and advise at the next community council meeting.
Road conditions and history of collisions were discussed with particular reference to the A735 exiting the village towards Stewarton. Sergeant Beaver agreed to check records of reported incidents.
The community council have requested an extension to the shell grip. East Ayrshire councillors will email Ayrshire Roads Alliance regarding concerns. A member of the public was concerned regarding heavy vehicles passing under the viaduct and the potential for a future major incident. Several ‘near miss’ incidents have been witnessed.
- Poster from EAC – Kilmarnock Town Centre Improvements, Public Engagement Event, Saturday 28th October 2017 14.00 to 16.30 hrs at the Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Email from EAC – link to Consultation Exercise for free bus travel. Closing dates for comments 17th November 2017
- Email from EAC – Feedback from the Community Plan Delivery Plan and Single Outcome Agreement Annual Performance Report 2016 / 17 Joint Engagement Event held on 21st September 2017.
- Email from EAC – Renewable Energy Fund – Wind farm criteria documentation.
- Email forwarded from EAC – Dogs Trust Responsible Dog Ownership Road show
- Invitation letter to equalities forum on Wednesday15 November 2017
- Email from EAC regarding new SPIRE system
- Police report
- BBC Eggheads Casting
- ‘OUR JOURNEY’ – Annual Performance Report to Tenants 2016/17 email with two reports attached
Income – NIL
Expenditure – NIL
A grant application has been submitted to East Ayrshire Council for a contribution towards the cost of the erection and dismantling of Christmas lights. The Grants Committee meet on 9th November 2017. The intended Christmas tree solar light street decorations will be placed on the existing hanging basket brackets and programmed when to light up.
- Proposed partial demolition, refurbishment and extension of existing listed dwellinghouse known as West Lodge, within the grounds of Dunlop House, Dunlop, Kilmarnock
- Approved – Erection of single storey rear extension at 9 Allanvale, Dunlop, Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire KA3 4AP
- Change of use of former doctor’s surgery to residential flat, replacement windows and external alterations. 3 Stewarton Road, Dunlop, Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire KA3 4AA
- Erection of single storey rear extension Commoncraig Farmhouse C7 Dunlop/Neilston From A735 Nr Dunlop To East Renfrewshire Boundary Dunlop Stewarton East Ayrshire KA3 4BH
- Substitution of House types (previously approved under application reference 16/0616/PP) Old Station Yard, Dunlop Road, Lugton East Ayrshire
- Approved – Hallmoss Farm U21 Brockwellmuir From A735 To C7 Via C100 Lugton, Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire KA3 4DT Erection of single storey recreational tree house and decks
A resident has reported concern about the speed of freight trains passing through the village and has contacted Network Rail. Awaiting confirmation that the speed limit of 75mph is being enforced.
No update on the new station planters.
Councillor Freel explained new recycling system. Blue bins can be kept once the new system is in place but these will not be emptied. Blue bags can be picked up from local office and put out with the new trolley for collection. New bin collection calendar was passed round.
The Boundary Commission of Scotland has published revised proposals for the realignment of UK parliamentary constituencies. Our new proposed constituency is Eastwood and Loudoun. The consultation period is open until 11 December 2017. This can be accessed on line.
Councillor Jenkins gave an update on the new Dunlop Primary School and Early Childhood Centre investment project.
He has contacted Stewart Turner, Head of Roads, Ayrshire Roads Alliance following complaints as to the state of pavements in the area. Councillor McFadzean suggested that a request be made for Kerr Chalmers, Traffic and Road Safety Manager, Ayrshire Roads Alliance to be accompanied on a walk-around of the areas causing concern. This was agreed.
- Following the asset transfer to Dunlop & District Community Company, a playgroup from Kilmarnock was able to use the park for picnics during the summer including access to the toilets for nappy changing.
- Work not yet started at bridge at Clerkland.
- Letter to be sent to East Ayrshire Council regarding replacement of yellow street lights.
THE NEXT MEETING IS ON THURSDAY 7TH DECEMBER 2017
IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM.
ALL WELCOME TO ATTEND
There are currently two vacancies on the Community Council. If this is something you may be interested in or would like to find out more about, please contact Eleanor Lochhead (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile: 07719 232366).