Dunlop And Lugton Community Council.
Regeneration Sub Committee/Dunlop Community Development Initiative.
Minutes of meeting held on 24th May, 2012.
PRESENT:- T. Howie; A. Pinkerton; G. Caldwell; K. Bree; J. Miller; E. Brown.
- The meeting commenced with a video outlining the work of the Fintry/Kippen Community and how they had utilised income derived from their windfarm for the benefit of local residents. This led on to a discussion about what could be learned from others, including the ‘Development Trusts Association, Scotland’; ‘Community Energy, Scotland’; ‘Neilston Development Trust’.
- Funds now available:- £7,000 from East Ayrshire Council (now in our Bank Account) £3,000 from ‘Ayrshire Leader’ on back of paid invoices)
- To achieve the goal of a ’10 year development plan’ material had to be gathered -and agreed on. This for inclusion in a ‘ feasibility brief’ to be put out for a minimum of three tenders from appropriate consultancy agencies.
- Andrew Pinkerton suggested that the Community Council should take steps to form a Steering Group to manage this, with appropriate representation on same from local people/organisations, active in the community. A first step in forming such a Steering Group would be to have a publicity campaign to make residents and members of organisations aware of the initiative. Thereafter – (a) discussions with representatives from local organisations and (b) a public meeting. Would an independent person be required to facilitate this?
- AGREED – i) Andrew to prepare a leaflet for circulation in the community on 4th June (Bonfire Night) ii) Tom Howie to provide a list of local organisations- 2 representatives from each to be invited to a meeting (date to be decided) iii) a public meeting for the whole community, possibly with an exhibition, to be planned. Iv) as Andrew was liaising with Ayrshire Leader, it was agreed that he should be overall ‘project leader’.