Draft Minutes of Meeting 7-3-2019

DRAFT MINUTES OF MONTHLY MEETING HELD IN DUNLOP VILLAGE HALL AT 7.00PM ON THURSDAY 7TH MARCH 2019

APOLOGIES
E Lochhead (Secretary), E Ferguson, M Brindley, L Shuttleton, Cllr J McFadzean,
Cllr G Jenkins

PRESENT – MEMBERS
J Young (Chair) D Caulfield (Vice Chair), A Pinkerton (Treasurer), P Graham, I Kerr,
J Taylor, T Howie, J Miller

PRESENT – COUNCILLORS
Cllr E Freel, Cllr J McGhee

IN ATTENDANCE
4 members of the public

WELCOME
J Young welcomed everyone to the meeting.

MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
None

MINUTES
Minutes of the monthly meeting held on Thursday 7th February 2019 agreed as a true record
Approved – D Caulfield Seconded – T Howie

CORRESPONDENCE
Letter from Susan Shorrock – Susan and her friend, Jean Spence, are co-founders of Dunlop Alzheimer’s Circle of Friends in the village. Jean has now retired from the group and the Circle of Friends would like to put a bench in the village in memory of Jean’s and as a legacy for Alzheimer’s. The Community Council has no objections and has advised Susan to contact Outdoor Amenities. Meanwhile we will meet with Susan to discuss the site discuss of the bench.

Further correspondence was read to meeting and will be put on website.

Joint Community Council meeting in Stewarton if they can host this again – Monday 15th April. The Principal Policy Officer from SPT is to attend – it would be helpful if he could see some of the questions in advance, preferably by the end of March.

An item had been put on Community Council social media page with abusive comments with regard to asylum seekers. This was not posted by the Community Council and has been taken down.

POLICE REPORT
No Police Officers present – written report received
• Livingstone Terrace, Dunlop – Assault and Vandalism – suspect interviewed and released without charge
• Main Street – Communications Act – send threatening message via social media – enquiries continue
• Netherton Farm, Lugton – Dishonesty – theft of sheep carcass from frozen field

TREASURER’S REPORT
There has been no change since last meeting

PLANNING
• Erection of house at East Halket
• Former hosiery building on Main Street, Dunlop
– change of use from house to bakery 3 days a week, no objections
• Halket Hill residential house
• Possibility of 50 houses in the Burnhouse area

ROADS/RAIL
• Scotrail – Rail Improvement Projects Awards
• Recent accident in Stewarton Road approaching bridge into village – not appearing in police reports
• Damage to wall at Chapelhouse, Lugton Road – police involved – speed needs to be reduced in this area
• Communication from Ayrshire Roads Alliance – emergency footway closure due to a partial collapse of Gills retaining wall on A735 Lugton Road. Details on website/Facebook. The footway will be closed for the foreseeable future, likely to be at least 12 months – temporary barriers have been erected over the bridge to close the footway
• Report from the Scottish Parliament on Transport (Scotland) Bill. Sections on parking on pavements and bus services of specific interest. There have been complaints in Dunlop re parking on the pavements. There have also been complaints with regard to McGill’s Bus Service – they run a 2 hourly service through Dunlop – the bus is used frequently by local elderly people for appointments at Crosshouse Hospital. There have been occasions when they have not run to time as well as breakdowns. This is a valuable link to the hospital for patients without their own transport – this also means they have to wait longer at the hospital before they can get home. McGill’s can be contacted through Ralph Roberts, McGill’s, Larkfield Industrial Estate, Greenock.

LOCAL COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
Cllrs reported that there had been agreement from all parties with regard to the budget for 2019/20. Council tax will increase by 4%. All details can be found on website.

AOCB
• Dunlop School – consultation on extensive plans for school – plans for an Early Learning Centre within the village
• Bus parking – school – Kerr Chalmers will look into this issue
• Hanging baskets – applied for a grant – McLarens could plant up – help required placing baskets etc.
• There have been complaints with regard to the amount of rubbish around the countryside – used tyres etc. have been thrown into fields and hedgerows


DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Thursday 4th April 2019 at 7.00pm in Dunlop Village Hall.